Geriatric Physiotherapy covers a broad area of concerns regarding people as they continue the process of aging, although it commonly focuses on older adults. Designed to treat age-related physical problems associated with illness, operations, and falls
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Hip and joint replacement
- Balance disorders
How Can Geriatric Physiotherapy Help You?
Your Geriatric Physiotherapist can:
- Reduce pain
- Improve sensation, joint proprioception
- Increase overall fitness through exercise programs
- Suggest assistive devices to promote independence
- Recommend adaptations to make the person’s home accessible and safe
- Prevent further decline in functional abilities through education, energy conservation techniques, joint protection
- Increase, restore or maintain range of motion, physical strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, and endurance
- Teach positioning, transfers, and walking skills to promote maximum function and independence within the person’s capability
Live full life at all ages!
We will help you to enjoy your life at all stages and all ages. Call toll free 800 200 400 or book an appointment with geriatric physiotherapist online and start your day with a smile.